Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Table Runneth Over.....


(gorgeous peppers....look at those colors!)


Sal and I went to the Farmer's Market again Saturday morning. I went specifically to purchase a pastry from the German Bakery there that I had seen the week before. It's called an 'Apple Purse' and after a fruitless (hahaha) on-line search to find a recipe, I knew I would have to buy one of theirs, eat it and figure out how they made it. It was a thick bread folded over a ribbon of apple filling. I gotta be honest....it was not good. And definitely not worth the $4 they charged me for it! I'll stick with my German Apple Cake recipe. Same premise and much tastier.

What we did walk away with were some other fresh goodies--peaches, butter beans and yellow squash. I also walked away with some pretty cool pictures of what will soon be the end of an amazing summer of yummmmmmy produce.....


Watermelon season is almost over.....

...in need of some brown sugar, cinnamon and butter....

...gorgeous tomatoes....

....all ears...


...and these make me think of Falltime....

I mentioned to Sal as we walked through that it would only be a few more weeks before the truck-loads of corn and melons were replaced with pumpkins. Orange globes as far as the eye can see. I can't wait to share those pictures with you.....it's insane!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment