Monday, August 23, 2010

Post-rain.....

We've had some pretty hefty thunderstorms roll through our area these past few days and it looks like another is brewing in the distance for tonight. I wandered through the backyard and noticed how all the plants and flowers have enjoyed the extra dose of water. Everything is greener and some flowering plants that hadn't flowered in awhile, were flowering again! While I was out snapping photos, I got buzzed by two hummingbirds who, I'm going to assume, were saying 'thank you' for re-filling their feeder earlier today. I love those little guys, but they sure do make a lot of noise when they buzz an inch away from your head......

....a teeny-weeny little fern.....


honeysuckle...

I have no idea what this is, but I like the
gorgeous purple berries on it....

....even though it's still a hot-as-Hades August,
this reminded me of Fall.....

ahhhh...my gorgeous Hibiscus has been
blooming like crazy this week thanks
to all the extra rain....



"Almost any garden,
if you see it at just the right moment,
can be confused with paradise."

~Henry Mitchell~

No comments:

Post a Comment