Sunday, September 5, 2010

Come On Mornin'.....

Driving into the sun....

In my opinion, there is but one reason to wake early on the weekends. To see the sunrise. On Sunday mornings I deliver breakfast to the volunteers at my church and my route includes the most glorious stretch of road through horse fields and farm land. As soon as I make that left turn, I see the first rays of the day spilling over the fields in bucket loads and every time, I pull off and take pictures. I'm the only one out there, so I think of it as a private show just for me. It is God at His finest moment I do believe.....

first dawn at the horse barn & pond

almost there....

Ta-Da!!! Finally above the trees....

Warming the horses in the field.


I stood upon the hills, when heaven's wide arch
Was glorious with the sun's returning march,

And woods were brightened, and soft gales
Went forth to kiss the sun-clad vales....


"Sunrise on the Hills" ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow~

No comments:

Post a Comment